Whatever and Whatnot May 30th

HOLY CRIPES!! I'm LATE!!
I swear on my dictionary collection that I JUST posted the prompt for the 15th!! This prompt is PERFECT for my upcoming adventure with the Senior Class from my son's school to DISNEYLAND!! It's brought to you by SUSAN!!

THE PROMPT: Adventure
ie: family or personal adventures or journeys, road trips etc.
THE STUFF: Maps
old maps, atlas pages, etc
THE TEChNIQUE: transparencies
ie: any kind of clear overlay either professionally printed or printed or drawn yourself

GLENDA:
I had some cool travel paper that was a picture of the map of the world so it was perfect for my background. I just cut up some travel themed die cuts and did a page on how I really need to get over my fear of flying because I do want to travel!! I had some nifty transparency tape that was also travel themed that I stapled onto my travel tags. I did mega journaling on this one and it was a lot of fun.

SUSAN:

I love love love old maps. I found this one when I was packing up Nana's house, I knew it would be used for some art someday. I think life in general is an adventure, and my favorite adventures involve traveling, like my upcoming trip to Bejing in July! Some old Scenic Route letter stickers, a sharpie and I was finished.
RACHEL

I decided to use my upcoming trip to Disney for my page. Since I'm running on zero time, and my studio is a DISASTER, I created my page digitally.
The rules
  1. Use all three or just one or two parts of the prompts.
  2. MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I do encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn't speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that.
  3. There is NO right or wrong.
  4. Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren't following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
  5. This is a place for you to explore! It doesn't matter if you've just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you've gotten "behind" and don't create every day. It doesn't matter if you don't create at ALL... (although we'd love it if you do)   
~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts